

Here are the pics I promised of Meg and her hats.
Yesterday was the primary program. Megan didn't have a speaking part, thank goodness, that would have been stressful! All she had to do was stand and sing the primary songs. They had the sunbeams sit on the front row in the congregation and then walk up to the front for every song. I was worried that Megan wouldn't walk up there but was pleasantly surprised when she came marching up for the first song. She looked in my direction and then locked eyes with me and hardly blinked for the whole song! Even though she knows all of the words to the songs (we have a CD with the presentation music on it that they listen to all of the time) by heart and sings them all of the time at home, her lips did not move. She just stared at me intently. She did this for every song! I would make faces at her in an effort to at least get her to smile but she was too focused.
After church I said to her, "Megan you were sooo brave to get up there in front of everyone!" She said, " I know that! I know that I was sooo brave in front of everyone." She smiled and was so proud of her accomplishment.
I just have to remind myself, baby steps, don't panic Kathryn. Someday she won't be afraid of everything outside our front door.
At least she is not afraid of the camera. We sure love our sweet little Megan! :)
Monday, November 19, 2007
My Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
She is so beautiful! I'm so proud of Megan for getting up there in front of everyone. She sure is brave!!
I remember Julie and Leslie were also VERY VERY shy. They were total opposites of my family who were all really loud! :)
I really do love the pictures. I wish you were closer and you could take pictures of my boys. You do such a wonderful job.
You didn't mention how beautiful she looked Sunday too. Go Megan! We love quiet children! Talking is totally overrated!
I've attended quite a few wards Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentations this fall and I have thought about Hallie and especially Meg and wondered. I'm soo glad she was brave enough to go right up to the front and be with the Primary and I'm greatful she has a wise Mother that realizes how brave she really was. I get it now, but I wish I had gotten it years earlier.
She may not have sung much, but she definitely LOOKED like an angel up there. Great job Hallie and Meg!
(Oh, and Hallie, I hope you weren't too upset that I used some of your pics for Capri's thankful book!)
She does such a super job as a model for the camera. She's probably waiting until Grandma and Grandpa can be there to watch before she sings in the Primary Program ;^}
Love,
Grandpa
Oh how I can relate! My Meghan did okay through the first little bit of the program and then disappeared...we couldn't see her. She came down after sacrament in tears. She has come a long way though and we celebrate each baby step! They have their sweet sensitive spirits for the last days...I know they are the great ones who will really have a testimony of the Holy Ghost.
Post a Comment