***Megan-"Mom, when they check my eyes do they HAVE to take them out?"
***Hallie, "Mom, I'm doing a biography on Mia Hamm and guess what mom..." -------Me, "What?" -------Hallie, "Mia Hamm was born in the 70's and Mom she is STILL alive!" --------Me, "wow."
***Megan, "Mom, there is a bunch of stuff under my fingernails... maybe it's treasure."
***Hallie asked me today, "Mom, does grandpa have a blue tooth? Because I heard daddy ask grandpa if he could see his blue tooth and I think grandpa showed him it."
Hey Kathryn-that stinks! I looked in the book I have called, Talking Dirty Laundry with the Queen of Clean, and here's what it says to do with an oil/grease (including cooking oil & salad dressings) stain: 1. Use a paper towel to BLOT/ABSORB as much as you can. 2. Apply baking soda, cornstarch or talcum powder. Rub in gently and let sit for 15-30 mins. to allow the agent to absorb and draw the grease out of fabric. 3. Brush powder off/check stain. If it looks like you can absorb more grease, repeat the process. 4. Lay fabric over a thick rag/ working from the back of fabric, blot with Energine Cleaning Fluid. Change pad underneath fabric and repeat if necessary. If that doesn't work, maybe a professional dry cleaner could get it out. Hope you can get the stain out-I've never PERSONALLY tried this, but have tried other suggestions in this book that HAVE worked, so good luck!
I forgot to add that Energine Cleaning fluid is for dry-clean-only clothes, so if it isn't dry clean only, then just do the first part of the process! The last suggestion the book gives about getting grease out, is to fall back on the idea that grease removes grease. If the previous steps don't work, it says to spray the grease spot with WD-40 Lubricant and let it soak for 10 mins., then work in undiluted dishwashing liquid and work well between your thumbs. Flush with the hottest water you can for the fabric, pretreat and launder as usual. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD on SILK or crease-resistant finishes. I GUESS it would help to know what kind of fabric the shirt is made out of too. Sorry for the long responses! I just got excited to get this book out and share the info.! : )
Hey, I totally had this happen to one of my favorite pair of maternity khaki capri's when the bottle of olive oil fell out of the cupboard without the lid on. It was quite the mess. My mother-in-law worked magic by rubbing dish soap, a degreaser, into the stain with her hands (or a toothbrush would work depending on the fabric), after letting that soak for awhile, we put it into the wash to soak in BIZ for a day or so. It totally worked, and I was so relieved. Good luck.
so glad to hear that you got the stain out already but for future reference there is this bottle sold now at wal-amrt and meijer called lest oil. it is a basic everything cleaner as well as oil base stains. i wash my walls with it as well as stains.
5 comments:
Hey Kathryn-that stinks! I looked in the book I have called, Talking Dirty Laundry with the Queen of Clean, and here's what it says to do with an oil/grease (including cooking oil & salad dressings) stain: 1. Use a paper towel to BLOT/ABSORB as much as you can. 2. Apply baking soda, cornstarch or talcum powder. Rub in gently and let sit for 15-30 mins. to allow the agent to absorb and draw the grease out of fabric. 3. Brush powder off/check stain. If it looks like you can absorb more grease, repeat the process. 4. Lay fabric over a thick rag/ working from the back of fabric, blot with Energine Cleaning Fluid. Change pad underneath fabric and repeat if necessary. If that doesn't work, maybe a professional dry cleaner could get it out. Hope you can get the stain out-I've never PERSONALLY tried this, but have tried other suggestions in this book that HAVE worked, so good luck!
I forgot to add that Energine Cleaning fluid is for dry-clean-only clothes, so if it isn't dry clean only, then just do the first part of the process! The last suggestion the book gives about getting grease out, is to fall back on the idea that grease removes grease. If the previous steps don't work, it says to spray the grease spot with WD-40 Lubricant and let it soak for 10 mins., then work in undiluted dishwashing liquid and work well between your thumbs. Flush with the hottest water you can for the fabric, pretreat and launder as usual. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD on SILK or crease-resistant finishes.
I GUESS it would help to know what kind of fabric the shirt is made out of too. Sorry for the long responses! I just got excited to get this book out and share the info.! : )
Hey, I totally had this happen to one of my favorite pair of maternity khaki capri's when the bottle of olive oil fell out of the cupboard without the lid on. It was quite the mess. My mother-in-law worked magic by rubbing dish soap, a degreaser, into the stain with her hands (or a toothbrush would work depending on the fabric), after letting that soak for awhile, we put it into the wash to soak in BIZ for a day or so. It totally worked, and I was so relieved. Good luck.
One time (I mean four times) I washed a gel pen with a load of laundry. Yeah, it ruined a lot of stuff.
so glad to hear that you got the stain out already but for future reference there is this bottle sold now at wal-amrt and meijer called lest oil. it is a basic everything cleaner as well as oil base stains. i wash my walls with it as well as stains.
Post a Comment