Some of our dear friends from Utah are in Alabama for a few weeks and we decided since we were only 7hrs away (ONLY 7 hours, ha,ha) we should meet in Nashville for the weekend. We shared a suite with a room for each family and a small kitchen and living room so we could put the kiddos to bed and stay up late chatting and catching-up. It was perfect.
Before I show you pictures of Nashville I have to take a short trip down memory lane and show you some hiking adventures we've had with Steph and Mike.

Okay, enough of that, here are some pictures of Opryland Hotel. This was my favorite part of our Nashville trip, it was so lush and just absolutely beautiful!
Love to capture these moments; there isn't near enough of them lately... lil' stinkers.
We loved lunch at the Rainforest Cafe where we were surrounded by birds, apes, hippos, and butterflies. There were even thunderstorms!
This is the first time in a LONG time that all of the kids were great at a restaurant. Loved it!

I know these next pic are pretty grainy but I have to document this part of our trip. We saw a walking bridge from the freeway and we wanted to find it. We guessed on the GPS map where it was and the GPS then took us on a wild goose chase where we finally ended up at a small airport... not the bridge.
It was late so we decided to just get out and enjoy our quickly-melting ice cream at the little airport and then the kids noticed fireflies everywhere. They were in heaven and I was so glad we got "lost".
It is my girls favorite memory of the trip.
Why is there a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville, Tennessee you ask?? Good question!
All the kiddos, who got along great together.
Mike and Steph's cute family.
Our cute family. ;)


4 comments:
Wow Kathryn, I had no idea you were such a dare devil. I am extremely impressed!
I'm so impressed with your high adventure hikes. I think the older I get, the more chicken I get! Your family is so darn cute by the way!
Awww you guys are the best! Mike and I are the ones who are blessed to have you as friends. We had such a good time. I was so glad we were able to meet up.
I haven't looked at those pictures from the Subway in a long time! Thanks for the trip down memory lane and for the cute pics.
This will be one of my favorite Alabama memories.
Wait, I don't think I've seen those pictures from the Subway. How fun!
Post a Comment