My due date with Carson was Oct. 16th. and my mother-in-law came up Oct 8th just to be safe . My OBGYN thought he would start me that weekend so we sat around waiting for the phone to ring but it never did. I went to my appointment the following week and was 4cm dilated and my doc assured me that he would induce me that coming weekend. Friday and Saturday came and went without a phone call and by Sunday night (my due date) I had all but given up hope when at 7:00PM I got the call to hurry and come to the hospital to be induced that night. YAY!

He broke my water at 9pm and Carson was delivered at 12:15am. Trevor actually delivered him! I wish I would have taken a picture of him catching the baby but I was kinda busy... ;)

Our heaviest baby yet!
The proud papa.
The relieved mama.
Megan was really concerned about picking a name for him ASAP. She didn't want to leave the hospital until we had decided but we still couldn't decide between Carson, Parker, and Max.
Davis was so cute with Carson. He wanted to hold him CONSTANTLY. No matter whose turn it was holding him Davis was right there next to them begging, "My turn?! My turn!".
Such a sweetie.
As always I enjoyed being at the hospital and just lovin on my new baby. Trevor came (bringing the traditional Wendy's frosty) and spent a few hours with us both days at the hospital and we ordered room service ;), watched movies, and just stared endlessly at our new little guy.
We were so blessed to have Kaye with us for 2 more weeks. She was a life saver! Especially in the morning when she got the kids up and off to school so I could get a few more minutes of sleep. The kids loved having grandma here.
When Jerry came to pick up Kaye he brought Kim and Julie who stayed for another week to help out. It was so nice to have them!!We have never been so spoiled... 3 helpers for 4 weeks!!
They are all gone now and Trev is back to his busy schedule... I'm adjusting to 5 kids and having 3 little boys at home all day. I still don't know how I am going to keep up with everything that needs to be done but I am so grateful for these little blessings in my life. I am one lucky mama that is for sure. :)




5 comments:
I'm so happy for you. He just fits. Perfectly :)
Don't worry about the unimportant things right now. Your little ones need your love and time and you already know how to be a great mother. I used to resent it when older moms would tell me that they grow up all too fast but they really do. Enjoy them and spend time with them. That's what they will remember, not whether the dishes were always done or the beds were always made. I wish you still lived here so I could snuggle with your precious little one!
So so sweet. I miss my newborns!! They are the greatest gift.
Kathryn, I miss you & your family so much! I love this beautiful post. I hope to be half the mommy you are someday. AnnMarie is with me now & she is very excited to see Davis & the new baby.
Hi Grubbs Family. I have posted a new post on our blog. I will talk to you later.
Don Davis
Post a Comment