Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Here is the new wall Trevor built. It was a little scary cutting down all of the support beams but the new walls seem to support the roof well. The room is about 15ft x 12ft and it will be about 9ft tall at the peak with the drywall up.

Finally a door instead of a hole in the wall. Now it actually feels like it is a part of our house.
Doesn't that door look like it's been there all along! I just look at it and smile.
Last night we were trying to come up with some names for our new room... because every room needs a name right?!
Here were some of the suggestions:
-Living Room 2
-The Coolest Room Ever
- The Room that Daddy Built
-If You Give A Dad a Toolbox

*Can I just say I married such a talented man! He amazes me with is ability to figure things out and to work so hard! Honestly, he has a crazy work schedule then he comes home and plays with the kids and works on the house. I feel so thankful to have such a great husband. He blesses all of our lives in so many ways, this room is just another one of those ways.
Thanks Trev!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!!! Does that 'give a dad a toolbox' work with any dad? I CANNOT wait till jeff is a dad:)

Marla said...

I like "Batcave" for the name of the new room.

Trevor is a rock star!! Seriously!

Anonymous said...

For a fellow that was looking for a house that required "no work" you've FOUND yourself a big job. However, you've probably already accomplished some of the most challenging aspects. Isn't it funny how rewarding a project like that can be. We love seeing what you have accomplished and can really understanding how good it feels! You never cease to amaze me!!!

Jeanne Bee said...

I'm anonymous I couldn't get the computor to take my Blogger ID. I'l try again.

Scott Law said...

Don't you love it when a plan comes together. Way to go, it's looking great. And that door does look like it's always been there.