We spent a few days at Natural Bridge State Park. The hike was the best part. The kids loved it. Meg biffed it on the way back...so we all cried the whole time back. For some reason the tics loved Megan. We pulled 3 off of her head. I had three but not all were attached, Kathryn had 2 crawling on her (she did not like this), and Tink had 6 suckers on her. I am not sure if Hallie or Cam had any. It was a lot like a cross between Southern Utah (my favorite place) and a jungle. It was really cool. Anyway...her are some pictures of our trip. Oh, the black food is our dinner. Hallie's face said it all. Finally, quote from the trip "Mommy says she knows everything...how could she know everything?" dad says "I know everything." Megan says "No you don't." It is true I don't...I was just testing them. They passed. I guess.
Side Note by Kathryn
More like Lyme Disease State Park! I don't love bugs but I draw the line at bugs that can give you a fatal disease! Oh, and the blackened dinner- I looked up several web sites before the trip to find out how to make yummy tinfoil dinners, obviously they didn't know what they were talking about (either that or we cooked it too long ;0 whoops). But Trevor is right about the hike to the natural bridge, it was AMAZING! It almost made up for the plague of ticks.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Natural Bridge State Park 2008
Posted by
Trevor
at
9:52 PM
Labels: Camping in Kentucky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
"The black food is our dinner.." So funny - I laughed outloud. Were you in charge of that Trevor?? Kathryn would never!
I am so jealous you guys went there. Since the first year that we moved here, I have a list of all the state parks that I want to go to and that is one. So far, I only have Cumberland Falls checked off the list. Sad, but true. I will just have to live through you. I do reccommend Cumberland though!
Kathryn, you are such a sport! I am trying to get up my courage to go camping (we've promised the kids for over a year - I've always got some excuse!). Unfortunately, I am a pro at making "black food", so if you ever need pointers...:) - Kristine
Your trip looks like so much fun! Your pictures are beautiful! There is no such thing as a NOT-burnt tin foil dinner (at least not that I've ever eaten). And, at least you can see your ticks. here in New Jersey, they are TINY and clear! Sam had lyme disease last fall... If they catch it soon enough, it isn't bad... Antibiotics for 30 days and tired and irratable (imagine a 3 year old MORE irratable) for up to a year... :)
Post a Comment