It's funny how I go through life, day to day, wrapped up in myself... my family... my "world". So quick to find the obstacles in my path and sadly I'm often so slow to see the blessings.
Every once in awhile I feel like the Lord takes an ordinary moment and pricks my heart and opens my mind and gives me a glimpse of what I have and how blessed I truly am. I had one of those "glimpses" last night. It doesn't matter what I was doing because like I said it was an ordinary moment. What matters is the feeling I got... I hope I will always remember... I know I will forget.
So today I will be different.
I will hug my children more,
I will smile and giggle and dance and play with them,
I will think of someone outside "my world",
I will "feast on the words of Christ" and drink of the spirit which I am so blessed to have in my life,
I will talk with my husband and enjoy him,
I will praise more and criticize less,
I will see the joys in my life and remember who they come from.
I will be different today... and hopefully tomorrow.
How quickly I forget.


2 comments:
you are one amazing lady!
We all have our somedays but you are incredible today!
Post a Comment