Sunday, January 27, 2013

Diabete Walk Sept 2012

 With Meg's diagnosis we get to start a new tradition of "Walking for the Cure".  Meg was showered with gifts in the form of t-shirts, hats, and pins before we started our walk.  It was neat to see other families who know what it is like to live with this disease.  We watched several people pull out their blood glucose meters on the walk and I had to smile...  It is nice to know you're not alone and I think Megan felt that too.

 Our friends the Wolferts joined us for the walk.  Jared is an ER doc with Trev and he also has Type 1 Diabetes.  He treated Meg when she was first diagnosed.  I still remember him sitting by her bed and telling Megan that she can still do whatever she wants to do in her life and Diabetes doesn't have to stop her.  It was a tender moment for me.

 Next year I think we will make family t-shirts for the walk.  We would love to have some family or friends join us!  ;)

1 comment:

SJW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.