***Megan-"Mom, when they check my eyes do they HAVE to take them out?"
***Hallie, "Mom, I'm doing a biography on Mia Hamm and guess what mom..." -------Me, "What?" -------Hallie, "Mia Hamm was born in the 70's and Mom she is STILL alive!" --------Me, "wow."
***Megan, "Mom, there is a bunch of stuff under my fingernails... maybe it's treasure."
***Hallie asked me today, "Mom, does grandpa have a blue tooth? Because I heard daddy ask grandpa if he could see his blue tooth and I think grandpa showed him it."
I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed out daily and I can't do it anymore so I am making some changes, drawing some lines, cutting things out, and building a stronger foundation.
Change IS hard...you know how much I hate saying no, but with 4 kids...I have to say it a lot unfortunately. I'm not the wonder woman I set out to be, but that's okay ;) I have 4 quasi-happy kids and a house full of chaos...what more could we want, right :) I hope you know you can call me anytime if you ever need to talk. Sometimes that verbal purging is very therapeutic!
I've noticed I have to do the same thing every once and a while. A couple of years ago things were crazy around our house... we made big changes that year, stopped a few of the kids activities, moved closer to the schools etc... I'm in the process of doing that all again too, but on a much smaller scale this year... I think it's really a good idea to step back and re evalutate things...it's hard but the results are always good. I think it has been a really long hard winter for alot of people. I've been in a "funk" lately for no apparent reason. Let me know if you need anything, I know people always say that but I MEAN it... I am home most days without any little kids.. I can come over and help out with stuff or come over so you can go to the store or something.... or if you just want a fun "craft" day call me, we can "cook" something up :-)
I remember after Danielle, my fourth, was born, life went spinning out of control. Craft and music time went out the window. It was all I could do just to make it from morning to night dealing with the needs of my kiddos. I stopped stressing about having the "perfectly clean and organized" house, the "perfectly dressed" family, the "perfect" me--makeup became something associated with a "good" day. I had to do alot of letting go, and alot of deciding what was really important. It was very, very difficult for me, but, after I figured out HOW to let go, I laughed alot more and stressed alot less. (although there are times I still have to remind myself of that!) I think the hardest thing was that I felt I was giving up ME. My identity, my likes and dislikes, my talents, my education, my time. But, now, years later, I realize I wasn't giving up me, God was creating a new and improved me--one that is only beginning to understand what sacrifice and true love is all about. Enjoy the journey, and remember that all the little things really do make a BIG difference in the end. :)
Want you to know that I think you are wonderful, amazing, talented, and beautiful- and I am sure any change you make will only increase my opinion of those things!
4 comments:
Change IS hard...you know how much I hate saying no, but with 4 kids...I have to say it a lot unfortunately. I'm not the wonder woman I set out to be, but that's okay ;) I have 4 quasi-happy kids and a house full of chaos...what more could we want, right :) I hope you know you can call me anytime if you ever need to talk. Sometimes that verbal purging is very therapeutic!
I've noticed I have to do the same thing every once and a while. A couple of years ago things were crazy around our house... we made big changes that year, stopped a few of the kids activities, moved closer to the schools etc...
I'm in the process of doing that all again too, but on a much smaller scale this year... I think it's really a good idea to step back and re evalutate things...it's hard but the results are always good.
I think it has been a really long hard winter for alot of people. I've been in a "funk" lately for no apparent reason.
Let me know if you need anything, I know people always say that but I MEAN it... I am home most days without any little kids.. I can come over and help out with stuff or come over so you can go to the store or something.... or if you just want a fun "craft" day call me, we can "cook" something up :-)
I remember after Danielle, my fourth, was born, life went spinning out of control. Craft and music time went out the window. It was all I could do just to make it from morning to night dealing with the needs of my kiddos. I stopped stressing about having the "perfectly clean and organized" house, the "perfectly dressed" family, the "perfect" me--makeup became something associated with a "good" day. I had to do alot of letting go, and alot of deciding what was really important. It was very, very difficult for me, but, after I figured out HOW to let go, I laughed alot more and stressed alot less. (although there are times I still have to remind myself of that!) I think the hardest thing was that I felt I was giving up ME. My identity, my likes and dislikes, my talents, my education, my time. But, now, years later, I realize I wasn't giving up me, God was creating a new and improved me--one that is only beginning to understand what sacrifice and true love is all about. Enjoy the journey, and remember that all the little things really do make a BIG difference in the end. :)
Want you to know that I think you are wonderful, amazing, talented, and beautiful- and I am sure any change you make will only increase my opinion of those things!
Post a Comment